Low back pain is the most commonly treated injury in physical therapy clinics.
Low back pain affects nearly 85-90% of Americans at one time or another. Low back pain is also the leading cause of lost time at work, and billions of dollars are spent each year diagnosing and treating low back pain. Thus, it is thought that repetitive strain on the structures around the lumbar spine is the main cause of low back pain.
Physical therapy is a commonly used option to treat low back pain.
1) The first step is to see your doctor to evaluate the source of the problem.
2) At REhab Guru we will do a head to toe evaluation to try to assess the root cause of your symptoms. Many people have muscle imbalances which cause extra stress and strain on the low back. For example, if someone has tight hamstrings, there is extra pressure and stress on the low back which eventually turns into a back injury.
3) Here at Rehab Guru we treat many golfers who have low back pain. Low back pain is the most common injury for golfers.
4) Some treatment options we use for low back pain are ultrasound, cold laser, soft tissue work, stretching, dry needling and exercises.
5) When you leave you will have a home program to help you manage your pain and prevent further injury.