Common Golf Injuries and how Physical Therapy Can Help
Lower Back Pain and Golf
Low back pain is the number one injury sustained by golfers, up to 70% of regular golfers will sustain a low back injury. The rotation in the back swing and follow through can result in an overuse injury to the low back. It is important to have a good evaluation of your back to assess the structures that are involved.
Low back pain treatments:
1) One option is the TPI screen (titleist performance institue screen) to identify your physical limitations and a good customized exercise program. The screen examines ROM, strength and muscle imbalances that often lead to low back pain.
2) A good low back warm up program that includes ROM and stretching
3) Hip stretching program for the hamstrings, quadriceps and the calves.
4) Physical therapy involving manual therapy, massage, ultrasound and electrical stimulation.
Elbow Pain from Golf
Elbow pain often known as “golfers elbow” is a common golf injury
Golfers Elbow treatments:
1) Dry Needling done by a trained physical therapist.
2) Forearm stretching/strengthening and upper back stretching,
3) TPI screen to identify muscle imbalances that might be occurring during the golf swing.
4) Cold laser and Ultrasound can also be very effective in the treatment of “golfers elbow”
More About Rehab Guru’s Blog:
Stop by our site regularly for the latest physical therapy updates and news. As always you can find our home page here: https://omaharehabguru.com/